Monday, November 28, 2005

Make Yourself at Holme - 11/6

Another benefit.  This time its Christmas toys for Hurricane Katrina kids.  Venue was D'Jais!  Price of entry was $10 & to bring a toy.  Advertisement stated "Special Guests".  It's me, Marian, Donna & Sharon again.  It was pretty empty early on.  Later the crowd swelled to around 300.  Tow other friends, Charlotte & Jane showed up.  They had never been but had heard about the band from friends.

Kip was a no show.  He was away on a family vacation in Florida.  Vinny from Cats on a Smooth Surface was substitute bassist.  He was the "Special Guest".  Here I was thinking Bobby maybe because Bon Jovi was playing the CMA in NYC 2 days later.   Or DeRosa or Graylick because it's a Sunday afternoon @ D'Jais in November.   Joel pretty much led the band.  It was just not the same without Kip.  We spoke to Frank.  We told him about that New Years Eve @ D'Jais that we always reminisce about - how it still ranks as the best of all the New Years Eve parties we've ever been to.  I told Sementa that throwing the confetti in front of the big fans was how I thought of my idea to be cremated & have my ashes flown into every nook & cranny of D'Jais.  He said it wouldn't work because people would get my ashes in their eyes, which is true because we had gotten confetti in our mouths.   He said instead he would be willing to throw my ashes into the paint when they paint D'Jais in the Spring (after I die).  I will have to loose weight before I die or else there will be noticeable lumps on D'Jais walls.  Anyway, Vinny really didn't sing so there were no signature Kip songs.  A bicycle was raffled.  I lost my black sunglasses with rhinestones on the side.  I may have left them in the ladies room or they fell on the floor by the bar where we were standing.  When I got home I called Frank & asked Theresa to tell Frank to hold onto them for me if he found them.

Message for Glendella76:  I cracked up when I read your comment.

 

 

 

No comments: