Thursday, July 14, 2005

Holme Is Where My Heart Is - 7/11

Sorry for the entry delay.  I had been on vacation (1 day) with Camille & I just got back.  For the record Camille had 12 beers not including the one she had before we left my house.  That’s ½ case!

Monday night was a blast from the past.  Camille, Susan R, Kathy Koslow & I arrived to a pretty packed house.  The number of people definitely had an effect on the band.  Kip was “woo/oh baby(ing)” a lot.  He also told everyone to dump their beer on the floor like in the old days at D’Jais but nobody did because like Camille said they were 6 for $1 back in the day not $6 apiece.

Joe Lepis was a no show even after I wrote to him on Holme Fan Club stationary reminding him that failure to attend Monday’s meeting would jeopardize his future membership.  Could someone tell me where the hell he is?  According to Kip & Chard Bobby Banderia will be making a guest appearance this coming Mon. so maybe Lepis will show then.  Other no shows were:  D French (no babysitter), Maureen (FL trip), Joyce (works Mon), Geralyn & Phyllis (I sent Geralyn a letter inviting them to join us) & Sharon Clarke.  However, the guys from Kearny were there.

As usual  the band started late.  They did one too many Beatle songs the 1st set & took a break as usual right after Pretty Woman.   I can’t help but think of Puggy in blazer, rose colored glasses & capezios every time I hear that song.  If you remember, Puggy always wore a blazer like he was just out of prep school.  Anyway, Kip told Ca& I Puggy sends him email jokes all the time but no manuscripted emails.  It is believed Puggy has not yet heard about reunion but I disagree as his parents summer 3 blocks up from D’Jais.

The band has a working title of “Almost Holme” but I do not think everyone is comfortable with it.  Billy jokingly suggested they have a name the band contest.  Frank offered “Holme Boys”, Camille suggested “Far From Holme”.

Cam & I called Billy over & she told him her cousin, Kathy Moore, used to see the Intoxicados at the Tropical & that Kathy wanted to know how Bob Furlong was.  Billy told us Bob was working @ NBC in NYC & had recently gotten married.  He also mentioned The Intoxicatos reunite for charity functions. 

Harry did not recognize Camille even though while standing on D’Jais dance floor he had once offered to make her Chicken Marsala back at his house.  It was also incredulous to Frank that Harry did not recognize her.

I told Frank & Joel about this Blog & gave them the address to it.  Frank seemed a little excited about it & told us there was a Holme bumper sticker for sale on ebay. I checked it out.  It is ebay item # 7529317582.  Opening bid is $4.99.  It is being sold by someone in the “gray” area of Central NJ

It was a lucky night for Susan.  They played 2 of her favorite songs (Mustang Sally & Brown Eyed Girl) & did a song by her favorite band Led Zepplin.  She also got us all to dance (after the liquor kicked in).

Frank thanked me for coming every week.  I am wondering if he is trying reverse psychology on me.

I told Joel he once had sex at my house.  His reply was “Not With You”. He then turned to Cam & asked if it was with her.  He hadn’t recognized her either until he saw her mole.  To think she almost had it removed!  He did, however, recognize that she had a wedding ring on her left ring finger.

I am told Peter Schuelle had a conversation with us in which he said he was in a band that would play in one room of a bar while Holme played in the other room.  During his band's break he would go watch Holme play imagine himself playing with them.   He had always wanted to be in Holme (his dream band).  

Camille wore a shirt with the word Italia on it.  People were commenting to her on it.  I told her I am wearing shirt next week with the word Poland on it.

After Susan & Kathy left Kip bought Cam & I drinks.  I told him to sound the alarms as it was the 2nd time in 25 yrs that he did.  He asked us for suggestions for song list & mentioned that they were going to add Tainted Love – which I promptly nixed (you’re welcome).  During the night I requested Switching to Glide (on napkin on speaker naturally).  I think they should add Working for the Weekend & I Think We’re Alone Now.  If you have any suggestions please voice them in comment box & I will see to it they are passed onto Kip.   We told Kip about Cam’s son Jake playing guitar & writing songs.   When Harry came over we told Kip how he had not recognized Cam.   Kip told Harry Camille was famous & how could he not have recognized “Famous Camille”?

We told almost everyone in bar at least once we were on vacation (for 1 day).

Anyway we had such a great time that the bottom of Camille’s heel on shoe came off & she did not notice until next day when she was packing to go home.  We are going to try to arrange another special meeting of the Girls from JC in Aug so start flipping open your calendars.

Note from Kathy K to Camille:  It wasn’t the Tylenol PM that had you sleeping well Mon night.

P.S.  Frank has the prettiest drum set! 

No comments: