Friday, August 5, 2005

Holme Improvement - 8/1

Set 1 – TOO LOUD TOO LOUD TOO LOUD TOO LOUD

Break 1 – Boring

Set 2 -  TOO LOUD TOO LOUD TOO LOUD TOO LOUD

However, Joel does my favorite Beatles tune – Drive My Car.

Sound is good if you are in ladies room or outside at snack bar.

We all stuff napkins in our ears.

George from Tropical Pub is there.

Break 2 – Tell Joel TOO LOUD TOO LOUD TOO LOUD TOO LOUD.

Tell him can’t hear vocals and you cannot understand Kip when he talks.  He does not seem to believe me until Frank makes announcement from stage and Joel cannot understand him.  To Joel’s credit he remembers Marguerite was there last week.  Harry asks how do we sound?  Tell Harry TOO LOUD TOO LOUD TOO LOUD TOO LOUD (Harry is sweet).  He does not seem to believe me either until I point out no one is standing or dancing near stage.  Most patrons are standing at back bars.  Then I see light bulb go on over his head. 

No words from Kip, Pete, Billy or once again Frank.

Kathy leaves to go home.

Set 3 – Volume fixed.  Band does Mony, Mony and D’Jais holds dance contest for D’Jais tee shirts & Yankee hats.  Marguerite & I leave after 3rd song.  I am disappointed.   It is turning from cool basement band music that everyone experienced in the 60’s & 70’s (think Cream’s White Room & Norman Greenbaum’s Spirit in the Sky) to unbearable loud music from 40 yrs ago and dance contests.  I mean who are you grooving to nowadays?  Band is still good but if you haven’t been yet you might have missed the good old days.

Photo is of Harry Filkin.

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really hope the guys are reading this blog. It seems to me that after last Monday they need to take seriously the "Holmeopathic" remedies/advice that is given to them from their loyal fans!