Friday, August 19, 2005

Holme Pregnancy Test - 8/15

What a difference a week makes.  The sound was good and thankfully there was no dance contest.

Bobby Banderia showed and it was one hell of a rock n roll extravaganza!  Kevin Cavanugh was also onstage and shared keyboards with Peter Schuelle.   Guitar line up left to right was:  Joel, Kip, Harry, Bobby, Tommy.   Joel & Bobby should have traded places for the night for a much better eyeball presentation.

When I walked into D’Jais I was taken aback at the number of people there.  It was packed like those wonderful days gone by.  There was no elbow space to be found.  More than 600 people were there – almost all of them in our age bracket!  And what an interesting crowd it was……

Frank’s old girlfriend, Suzie (the airline stewardess) was there.  So was Patrice (yes, Danny’s Patrice) along with Joe Lepis & Bill their old Manager.  Lisa Sherron-Priore what is keeping you?  Need I remind all of you we were the ultimate famous ones?

Q – Could it be true that your past does catch up to you?

Frank Sementa was in his glory.  Trust me when I tell you he spent the night counting the number of women there he had once had sex with and the dollars being rung up in his registers.

Kip seem ecstatic.  He made it a point to tell me Holme now had a website. I do not know its address.  It’s probably not holme.com because Joe Lepis asked me if I owned the address.  He thought if anyone did I would.  He told me when he moved out of his father’s house he found 4 old Aquagians.  They must have made some impression for everyone to keep bringing them up.  Kip announced that they will be playing all of the Fall, Winter & Spring until D’Jais reopens next year.  His wife was there and I believe one of his daughters was too.

Alexis, who Joe Lepis has crowned the new Patty Malooney, has added Joan Jett’s “I Love Rock & Roll” to her repertoire.  I like it best of all the songs she does.

By the way, Joe Lepis also told me he had asked about Debbie French at her old place of business.

I received kisses from Frank, Kip & Bobby.  Bobby was warmest to me.  He told me he will likely play with Holme again next week as he does not know where he’ll be after that (he is scheduled to tour Europe shortly).  I did not speak to Joel, Harry or Peter.  I did not encounter them on breaks.  I did not get the impression that Bobby was having the best time of his life.  I think he enjoyed playing and since he was an original member of Holme he probably enjoyed seeing the old crowd but it may have been too much of a reminder of days gone by for him.  Or maybe he was just tired.    

Remember you have only 2 Mondays left to have this experience. 

No comments: